New Arrivals Autumn 2019
Calci Worms (Black Soldier Fly Larvae, Hermetia illucens)
An increasingly popular wild bird food, Calci Worms are the newest addition to our product line this autumn.
They’re packed with up to 50x more calcium than mealworms which makes them a nutritious feed for fledglings and adult birds alike.
We love Calci Worms because they offer wild birds lots of benefits, including:
- Good bone strength in growing and adult birds. Bone breakages are a leading cause of fatalities in wild birds so strong bones help to reduce this risk.
- Birds with a healthy calcium intake are likely to lay more eggs. This is true for a wide variety of native birds but in particular woodpeckers, tits and wrens.
- Helps in the development of strong eggshells. A sturdy eggshell can provide developing chicks protection from disease as well as healthy hatching and sturdy, rapid bone growth.
We recommend mixing Calci Worms into a high-quality seed mix, like our Ready Peck 5-A-Day Seed Feeder Mix, so your garden birds are getting a fantastic variety of healthy oils, protein and calcium.
The New Flo Seed Feeder from Jacobi Jayne
Here at Ivel Valley we’re always striving to find bird feeders that offer a perfect balance of quality and affordability.
And we think we’ve found just that with the new Flo Seed Feeder from Jacobi Jayne.
This colourful new feeder comes equipped with lots of benefits, including:
- A wide, free-flowing seed tube
- Comfortable perches let birds feed sideways or face-on
- Removable parts for easy cleaning
- Extra tall sizes for even better value for money
- Tough plastic fittings
- Two-year Guarantee (excludes squirrel damage) and free Careline
I Love Robin’s Water & Bird Food Dish
Feed your ground feeding birds in style with this beautiful I Love Robin’s ceramic dish.
Fill it up with seed, worms or water and watch as the birds finish the contents to reveal the pretty Robin motif below.
It’s made from frost-proof ceramic so you can leave it out in your garden over the winter, when the birds need it most.
It’s also dishwasher friendly for easy, no-hassle cleaning.
UpClose Window Feeder
Get a fascinating look into the feeding habits if your garden birds with the UpClose Window Feeder from Jacobi Jayne.
Simply stick the clear feeder to your window using easy to apply suction pads for an unobstructed view.
- Fill with seed, mealworms or fruit
- Clear tray and rain canopy give unobstructed view
- Drainage holes prevent waterlogged food
- Suction cups won’t mark glass
- Lifetime Guarantee